Book Review: The Spaniard's Blackmailed Bride by Trish Morey

November 08, 2014

Title: The Spaniard’s Blackmailed Bride
Author: Trish Morey
Series: -
Genre: Romance/ Harlequin Presents
Year Published: 2007
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

THE HERO. . .
Diablo Barrentes, spanish bussinessman. Arrogant spanish import—that’s the way the heroine describe him. Make me laugh really loud. But though he is a spaniard, he didn’t grow up there, so maybe his characteristic isn’t really spanish. His parents’ marriage didn’t approved by their family. When his father died when worked in Chile, his mother couldn’t go back to Spain. So she move to Autralia and raise Diablo there. They live in poverty and determined to change that. He doesn’t believe in happy ending, and never expected one. How sad is that? My heart just went to him because of that.

THE HEROINE. . .
Briar Davenport, heiress of Davenport family. Well, before the family business foreclosed by Diablo. She’s sassy and gutsy, but stubborn, way too stubborn. And always in denial. She won’t admit that she fell for Diablo, determined to always make him the bad guy, despite all indication otherwise. Not really my favourite kind of heroine. But at least she can finally admit that she was wrong all along, and she was brave enough to confess that she love Diablo. And one thing I admire from her, she still want to be with Diablo even when he said he doesn’t love her, doesn’t even believe in love. Not many heroine willing to do that.

THE STORY. . .
After her father losing all the Davenport’s wealth, Briar must marry Diablo, the supposed to be the cause of the downfall. Briar resent him because of that, and determined to fight him in all the way. But surprise surprise, Diablo’s not the bad guy here. It’s a long time since I read a Harlequin Presents book in which the hero is the one who misjudged. In fact, maybe this is the first time for me. I like it very much. It’s getting old reading Presents where the heroine is always portrayed as a saint. But I’m not quite satisfied with the ending. I expect more grovelling from the heroine. It’s not very often the heroine doing the grovelling, right? And I never like it when they named their babies after their deceased family.

THE QUOTE. . .
‘I want to be with you. I want to wake up with you every morning. I want to make love with you every night and every day. I want to be the mother of your children. I want the whole damn package. It’s not just about loving you—I want you. I don’t want to live without you, and if you want me too, even if you don’t love me, then that’s enough for me.’
Briar Davenport

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...